Wednesday 21 September 2011

Character!

you seen the movie ' high fidelity'?? there is one dialog which everytime i watch that movie i see part of the dialog least 10 time ,rewinding it again and again coz i just cant get over it.






Rob: Top five things I miss about Laura. One; sense of humor. Very dry, but it can also be warm and forgiving. And she's got one of the best all time laughs in the history of all time laughs, she laughs with her entire body. Two; she's got character. Or at least she had character before the Ian nightmare. She's loyal and honest, and she doesn't even take it out on people when she's having a bad day. That's character.
[holds up three fingers]
Rob: Three;
[long pause, hesitantly]
Rob: I miss her smell, and the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry and I don't understand it, some people, as far as their senses are concerned, just feel like home.
[shakes his head, recollecting, then looks back and lip synchs 'four' while holds up four fingers] 



Rob: I really dig how she walks around. It's like she doesn't care how she looks or what she projects and it's not that she doesn't care it's just, she's not affected I guess, and that gives her grace. And five; she does this thing in bed when she can't get to sleep, she kinda half moans and then rubs her feet together an equal numberof times... it just kills me. Believe me, I mean, I could do a top five things about her that drive me crazy but it's just your garden variety women you know, schizo stuff and that's the kind of thing that got me here. 



the first time i heard this dialog, all i could think was this is who i really want to be.. is there is one thing people have to say , this should be it,'she doesn't even take it out on people when she's having a bad day. That's character.'.. and everytime i see the movie i listen to the whole dialog again and again.. i think on some sub-consious level i'm trying to imagine myself as the person being talked about.. least god knows i badly want to be.. and i know i've failed miserably when it comes to that.. but i'm an incurable optimist about the power of self.. no matter what has happened in life i do feverishly believe that my life will what i want it to be, or least i can be who i want to be.. so i've flunked half a dozen tests before,and i'll flunk the next few as well, but does it matter if you do pass one day?



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is something I had written to a friend quite some time back. Read it today and felt like sharing it! :-D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs